The EU Digital Covid Certificate
What is the Digital Covid Certificate?
With the EU Digital Covid Certificate, you will be able to show that you have:
- been vaccinated against Covid-19
- been tested with a negative result
- recovered from Covid-19.
Keep in mind that it is the country you are travelling to that determines what rules apply there. It is your responsibility to check whether you fulfil the requirements to be allowed to enter.
The Swedish eHealth Agency ("E-hälsomyndigheten") is responsible for the Digital Covid Certificate e-service in Sweden.
How to get a vaccination certificate
Get vaccinated. Within seven days, the vaccination will be registered in the National Vaccination Register.
Log on with your electronic ID application at www.covidbevis.se. You need a Swedish electronic ID application to log in to the e-service.
Download, print or save your vaccination certificate. Once you have obtained the certificate, it will also be sent to your digital mailbox, provided you have one.
Remember to check what rules apply to your destination.
If you do not have an electronic ID application
You can order a Covid Certificate by filling in a form. However, the certificate can only be sent to you if you have a registered Swedish address.
How to get a test certificate
- Check what requirements you must meet to enter the country you plan to go to. In most countries, the test certificates are only valid for a few days.
- Visit a caregiver that has joined the e-service Digital Covid Certificate. You will find them listed on this page (scroll down)
- The test will be performed by a professional.
- If your test result is negative, it will be submitted to the Swedish eHealth Agency. A test certificate will be sent to your digital mailbox if you have one. If you do not have a digital mailbox, the caregiver can give you your test certificate. Ask your caregiver if you are uncertain of how you will receive the certificate.
In certain cases, it will be possible to get a recovery certificate that confirms that you have recovered from a SARS-CoV-2 infection following a positive NAAT test. However, for most people it will be easier and faster to get a vaccination certificate or a test certificate (with a negative test result).